Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Door Strut Mountings
I have decided to tackle my door strutt mountings, the one on the drivers side was the worse, and i have just discovered that they have already been repaired, now with my car showing 24k when i brought it in and the lambda light coming on at 29,975 mls i assume its right. Has any one not repaired theirs TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Im assuming you mean the ball joint attached to the fibreglass?

Ive not touched mine. as yet ......
TT - whats the prob?

I'll get Phill to speak to you tomorrow, as the pivot bolt on Sorbet snapped last year - luckilly when the door came down, the strut went vertically downwards, rather then to the side and damaging the stainless.

I'll also ask Phill to do a tech article on how he repaired his complete with photos.

cheers,
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
Claire Usher Wrote:I'll also ask Phill to do a tech article on how he repaired his complete with photos.

STOP PRESS! Funnily enough Phill's article is appearing in the forthcoming issue of DeLorean News! Big Grin
1982 DeLorean VIN 12173 (a.k.a VIN 601)
1989 Alpine GTA V6 Turbo
it turns out the actual bracket is bent, iv got the t-piece off and rear quarter panel and i have a cunning plan to extend the bracket further in behind the fibre glass, the main problem is the strutts are to power full and i will be getting propper ones from the states to avoide this happening again, next job discs and turbo rebuild and volvo metring head and venturi TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Its good your fibreglass is ok matey.

http://www.delorean-parts.com/Merchant2 ... gory_Code=

I was recomended these, and to everyone I have mentioned these to and have bought these since have all had a good experience with them.

weather its hot or cold out they seem to perform the same.

ie no 'bounce' at the top in hot weather.
Phil Peters Wrote:
Claire Usher Wrote:I'll also ask Phill to do a tech article on how he repaired his complete with photos.

STOP PRESS! Funnily enough Phill's article is appearing in the forthcoming issue of DeLorean News! Big Grin

ah cool thats ok then Smile

I might do one on my n/s handbrake caliper. Apparantly last year, it failed the MOT when the car was down in Kent because it wouldnt adjust - I'm not surprised it wouldnt adjust, the caliper was broken! Anyway, thats another story, and Phill repaired my caliper for me and the handbrake works fine now (for a DeLorean) Smile
Claire Wright  - Club Treasurer
Jul 1981 DeLorean - Flopsy #2292 
Aug 1989 Cavalier 1.6L - Guinney
Apr 2021 Mokka-e Launch Edition - Evie
bozzzydmc Wrote:Its good your fibreglass is ok matey.

http://www.delorean-parts.com/Merchant2 ... gory_Code=

I was recomended these, and to everyone I have mentioned these to and have bought these since have all had a good experience with them.

weather its hot or cold out they seem to perform the same.

ie no 'bounce' at the top in hot weather.

thanks mike i will order a set, the ones i had fitted were far too stiff and put too much stress on the body mounts, kelvin has a set of pj gradys on his car and they are so easy to shut, and they open fully TT
DOC398
VIN#3484
Tourettes Tutor
I have the X factor
Claire Usher Wrote:it failed the MOT when the car was down in Kent

East Sussex my dear :wink:

Dan
Daniel Shane Wrote:
Claire Usher Wrote:it failed the MOT when the car was down in Kent
East Sussex my dear :wink:
Dan
oops, sorry dude - its all 'daan saaf' to me :lol: