Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boring but had to put it up
In June of 2005 my daughters boy friend said am I coming to Scoltan Manor to the car show,
I did't even know there was one, so I agreed and that weekend attended the show, the cars had been arranged in a kind of upside down L shape pattern
so it was not easy to see them all from any one spot I ambled along looking at the exhibits , a lot of the time wondering why most of them were there,
I dont think a mk4 Cortina or a 86 Allegro deserve much attention. I thought maybe that the owners had just parked them randomly, thinking this is just a general car park,
but hey whatever floats your boat, Tongue
As I neared the end of the row I spotted the doors, those famous rabbitt ears .standing proud and high,I immediatly double timed it to the car ignoring all the other 80's Saabs
and Morris 1100's and circled around and admired the gleaming stainless steel beast that stood so majesticly amongst what now seemed insignificant pieces of rustable tin. :lol:
It was a beauty, turns out it belongs to Stuart Rees. This fact unknown to me till November 2007 ,
I had not actually seen one "in the flesh " before and this was a real treat for me, having loved the BTTF films and being the proud owner of a Sun Star 1:18 BTTF II time machine.
,which I might add has never been out of the box, and I intend to leave it to my youngest grandson, I have 3 of them, I hope by the time it is passed down there will be more
kids if you read this MAKE A GIRL next.
I had always steered away from American cars, dont get technical, I know it was a UK manufactured car but it was meant for" across the pond "action so to me its American.
I could never justify myself using a car that did 8pmg , and thats downhill with a hurricane running in your favour,
and that is what I thought a DeLorean had in it, but I was astounded to see it was just a Renault V6, or volvo or peugeot, what ever you prefer,
I have worked on many PVR engines in the past, Ill grant you the were in the other way round and at the front of the car but I can live with that.
It was then I thought Im gonna get me one, one day

Time passes and I find my self in a situation where I will have the money to buy one outright, so after many hours of internet searching and following what is being said in the Forums
I had decided that once the house sale was finished I was going to buy Phill Peters' car,
http://advertfactory.co.uk/vin4400/photos_exterior.html
I could tell from all the write up's and the pictures that it would be a good and well cared for car,
So I didnt bother him, other than once when I thought the car had been sold, I was just going to wait till I had the money ready and go buy it,
No point in going to kick his tyres and haggle, I could tell it was top notch,
But he sold it, before the house sale finished, so I searched again and this time found something unusual.

Ebay item number 250161984887
A custom DeLorean. after some calls to John VanVleet ,its owner,I explained my problem and that I was looking to buy one around the mid october time,
He was hanging on to the car anyway, it hadnt reached its reserve and he wanted to do another car show at the end of September, so he was in no rush,
he was very helpful especialy considering , like me, he was green to importing and exporting,
He did every thing I asked, he even drove the car around his town with his video camera recording so I could see it was a good runner and posted them on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_k_-9GAYRI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx17ML7jsfU
So on October 12 the house sold. on the 15th I sent the money and became the proud owner of BCKNTME
Shame you cant keep the plate aye? lol
So on the 6th of November the car was picked up by Neptune Shipping destination Baltimore final destination Thames port UK
Those BTTF avids will note the date, 1 day later than featured in the film,
Glad it wasnt the 5th, that would have been to freaky. Shock
DOC # 595
Wow, nice story Allen.
I'm glad to know that my car helped influence your 'DeLorean journey'.
It was well worth doing the local shows then, to promote the marque & letting people see a car that they've only heared about.

We wish you well getting the car back ( look out for people getting too close trying to get a picture on their phone )
& you will no doubt have a lot of fun driving & showing the Delorean for many years to come.

If your up this way you can call round for a cuppa & a spin in the D.

Stu
(inadvertently helped someone live the dream! )
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Thanks Stu for those kind words, so far so good, ive sorted insurance now,thanks to the DOC mag. and they will give me a 14 covernote to get it to a MOT station.bless Smile
I might take you up on your offer of a ride, if mine doesnt come soon enough :x
Are you going to the NEC at the weekend? Im going up Saturday with the X mrs :?
Should be a hoot
Im often around your area, so ill bear the cuppa offer in mind,
Chears
DOC # 595
I wasn't going to go this year as I've been for the last 5 years, but I'm tempted to go & see Pilot 20. We'll see, 'tis hard to plan things due to work getting in the way. :evil:

You'll be welcome to come up any time.

Stu
DOC 116
VIN 6237
Dont fight it,you know you want to. listen to the voice in your head saying softly,,go , go ,, go Big Grin
DOC # 595
Hey nice story buddy Smile