The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum
Beverly hills cop - Printable Version

+- The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: GENERAL DELOREAN DISCUSSION (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: Beverly hills cop (/showthread.php?tid=5877)

Beverly hills cop - theningiachicken - 01 Sep 2018

Hi all was watching Beverly hills cop this evening and a dmc was present but it had different headlights so I was wondering if anyone had any idea as to what is being used for its headlights.
Best photo I could get of the car

RE: Beverly hills cop - TristanC - 02 Sep 2018

Hi,

They are LUND headlight covers. The original lights sit underneath.

Tris

RE: Beverly hills cop - theningiachicken - 02 Sep 2018

Thats a cool thing. It gives the car a stealthy or more futuristic look. Wonder what it looks like when lights are on.
Thanks for info tris I didnt know how to describe them other than covers but now I know a name might look them up

RE: Beverly hills cop - Chris Williams - 02 Sep 2018

Quiet a rare and sought after item I believe now.
Chris

RE: Beverly hills cop - TristanC - 02 Sep 2018

Or make your own, like this chap:

RE: Beverly hills cop - Rissy - 02 Sep 2018

I think from the way this guy in the video is talking, you need to take the covers off if you expect to be able to see in the dark. So maybe just a daylight visual adjustment.

RE: Beverly hills cop - theningiachicken - 02 Sep 2018

I guess you could have a similar set up but make them useable in the dark

RE: Beverly hills cop - SpudMurphy - 03 Sep 2018

Well each to their own - but not for me ... ... and pretty much impractical?

RE: Beverly hills cop - Matt Clark - 03 Sep 2018

Those add-ons have kind of a period charm I guess - not for me personally the 'badical' look kind of works in an 80s context...

[Image: 29505337117_299c29573a_b.jpg]

RE: Beverly hills cop - TristanC - 03 Sep 2018

I like the front and rear covers. At least to look at on others cars.

Personally, I’ll be keeping mine stock Smile

RE: Beverly hills cop - theningiachicken - 03 Sep 2018

(03 Sep 2018, 09:50)Matt Clark Wrote: Those add-ons have kind of a period charm I guess - not for me personally the 'badical' look kind of works in an 80s context...

[Image: 29505337117_299c29573a_b.jpg]
This one looks really cool matt I see what you mean by "badical" with the skirts, spoiler and rear light covers. The spoiler dosent work as such but everyone has a different opinion on what works and what dosent

RE: Beverly hills cop - Dangermouse - 04 Sep 2018

Personally, I think that adding anything to the already excellent lighting on a DeLorean in a way that makes it harder to see is a top notch idea Smile.

Though I am partial to the LUND covers.

I'm surprised it isn't known whose car is in the Beverly Hills film as there are/were very few with LUNDs

RE: Beverly hills cop - SpudMurphy - 05 Sep 2018

I'm guessing the covers wouldn't help with heat build up? So expect Healey-esq eyebrows?

RE: Beverly hills cop - theningiachicken - 05 Sep 2018

You could add some kind of venting if they are used when lights are on. My guess is that nowdays they are better suited for daytime running or for show display when lights aren't turned on