The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum
DMC DeLorean Firestar 500 - Printable Version

+- The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: GENERAL DELOREAN DISCUSSION (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: General Discussions on the DOC / Car / Company / JZD (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Thread: DMC DeLorean Firestar 500 (/showthread.php?tid=5729)

DMC DeLorean Firestar 500 - Firestar - 30 Nov 2017

I restored the concept art for the unreleased DeLorean Firestar 500, with the official original colors.

I think this thread would be a good place to talk about this model of DeLorean. Cool

[Image: 063K0RI.jpg]

RE: DMC DeLorean Firestar 500 - Dan Willis - 01 Dec 2017

I always liked the idea that DeLorean would finally put a V8 in the back (as it always should have been), but had it looked even the tiniest bit like that, I think it'd have aged horribly.

I'm not glad it doesn't exist, but I'd have hoped it look completely different to... whatever that is. A big fat "no" from me.

That said, it bares a passing resemblance to a Pantera - which is brilliant. Perhaps it's just the idea of a DeLorean with all that tat stuck to it? Tongue

RE: DMC DeLorean Firestar 500 - Rissy - 01 Dec 2017

I like the fact it has bogo-standard rear federal light clusters again, except mounted upside down. True cost savings attitude of DMC and VERY Lotus like approach (They took Rover SD tail lights, turned them upside down and jammed them on to the Elite/Excel/Eclat if memory serves - meaning the drainage holes faced the sky instead of downwards; resulting in them always filling with water! LOL!)

RE: DMC DeLorean Firestar 500 - Guinney1971 - 06 Dec 2017

its certainly of its era, pass me the shoulder pads and big hair!!

RE: DMC DeLorean Firestar 500 - Firestar - 27 Mar 2018

(01 Dec 2017, 08:55)Dan Willis Wrote: I always liked the idea that DeLorean would finally put a V8 in the back (as it always should have been), but had it looked even the tiniest bit like that, I think it'd have aged horribly.

I'm not glad it doesn't exist, but I'd have hoped it look completely different to... whatever that is. A big fat "no" from me.

That said, it bares a passing resemblance to a Pantera - which is brilliant. Perhaps it's just the idea of a DeLorean with all that tat stuck to it? Tongue

I like it because it has parts of other cars. The spoiler is clearly from a Ferrari F40. The back of the car up to the rear window is like a Ferrari Testarossa. The wheels are from the Dodge Turbo Interceptor. It's quite the Frankenstein's monster.

RE: DMC DeLorean Firestar 500 - Guinney1971 - 28 Mar 2018

(01 Dec 2017, 09:59)Rissy Wrote: I like the fact it has bogo-standard rear federal light clusters again, except mounted upside down. True cost savings attitude of DMC and VERY Lotus like approach (They took Rover SD tail lights, turned them upside down and jammed them on to the Elite/Excel/Eclat if memory serves - meaning the drainage holes faced the sky instead of downwards; resulting in them always filling with water! LOL!)

I seem to recall a mate of mine saying that one of the TVR's (I think) had Renault Fuego lights (fitted upside down) -
and if memory serves, didn't the TVR Griffith have upside down Fiesta back lights?