The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum
wanted - T section/hood - Printable Version

+- The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: GENERAL DELOREAN DISCUSSION (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: wanted - T section/hood (/showthread.php?tid=5678)

wanted - T section/hood - SpudMurphy - 31 Jul 2017

I have a T panel, but a previous owner drilled a hole in it - off centre, and practised some panel beating on it!

It will be VERY expensive to get fixed. So if anyone has a T section - let me know.

I'd also like to get a new hood - it's a flat/ungroved hood with no  gas flap.

Cheers

Spud

RE: wanted - T section/hood - Chris P - 31 Jul 2017

I have a spare as new flat hood...re-brushed by Chris N, off one of the Wooler-hodec cars...but they make about £1K! I was keeping it as a spare but I could be tempted to part with it. Regarding your Tee panel with a hole in it, I'm sure Chris N could sort that out for you.

RE: wanted - T section/hood - SpudMurphy - 01 Aug 2017

Hi Chris.

Thanks for that.

Chris N has quoted £200 for fixing the hole but there is also some denting that would add to the cost. So maybe it will weigh in at about £300?

The hood? - well that is very tempting. IIRC a new one will cost about £1300 delivered.
The cross brace was broken and separated in places making the hood really deformed. There was also a section of the cross brace "hacked"out I have made some stainless reinforcing plates to fix the breaks, I've also repaired the hacked out section, which ironically came with the car.

My repairs will get the car on the road but aesthetically will not meet my requirements.

The hood is not top of my priorities - I will shortly be moving onto the next phase .... installing new rad/fans/pipework/water pump/expansion tank .... brand new fuel tank to go in too! ...Then get the engine fired up for the first time in over 20 years.

I took a big step over the week end installing a nos torsion bar on the passenger side door - using the "one man method" dispensing with the need to use wooden jigs and long extensions. It worked a treat - just had to nip it up one spline last night - again a one man operation . For the first time in many a year the two doors are operational - just need to get the manual switch (that sits next to the door opening lever) for the solenoid rod - (why would somebody take that off!!!).

So for now, although your kind offer is very tempting, I will just keep an ear to the ground for a hood - the car deserves one.

Cheers

Kevin

RE: wanted - T section/hood - Chris P - 04 Aug 2017

I understand the Gas-Flap one's go for £2K!!!

It you wanted mine...which is 'as new' and was fitted on vin 510 at the factory auction..Its yours for £800. I'll hang on to it until the end of September...your choice then.

RE: wanted - T section/hood - SpudMurphy - 18 Sep 2017

(04 Aug 2017, 17:00)Chris P Wrote: I understand the Gas-Flap one's go for £2K!!!

It you wanted mine...which is 'as new' and was fitted on vin 510 at the factory auction..Its yours  for £800. I'll hang on to it until the end of September...your choice then.

It is VERY kind of you to offer me that Chris - it's of great historical significance.

Can you
send me a photo of it - both sides please as it is VERY tempting.

Cheers

Kevin.

RE: wanted - T section/hood - Chris P - 18 Sep 2017

give me a day of two to get it out .

RE: wanted - T section/hood - SpudMurphy - 18 Sep 2017

(18 Sep 2017, 15:28)Chris P Wrote: give me a day of two to get it out .

Great. Thanks Chris. There's no rush on this at all.