The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum
Converting a DeLorean into the BTTF car without damaging it? - Printable Version

+- The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: OFF TOPIC TALK, BTTF, JOKES ETC (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Back To The Future (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=61)
+--- Thread: Converting a DeLorean into the BTTF car without damaging it? (/showthread.php?tid=5281)

Converting a DeLorean into the BTTF car without damaging it? - Stephen_D - 03 Nov 2015

I like the standard DeLorean just as much as the Time Machine from BTTF. I was wondering if any members have managed to convert their standard DeLorean into the time machine without drilling holes and damaging it ect? I am trying to find everything I would need to do it myself but I am struggling. I know Bob's prop show is the most obvious place to go but he doesn't sell everything i'd need (like the main time machine dash panel) and he would only do it if I sent mine over there, which I don't want to do as he'd drill holes in it! I asked him if he'd sell me all the bits but he said no!

So really I am looking for a one stop shop to buy everything as a kit. Help anyone please, can this be done, has anyone tried?

Re: Converting a DeLorean into the BTTF car without damaging it? - Chris P - 03 Nov 2015

You don't have to drill holes, I didn't but then again, mine didn't have every single bell and whistle…but it was pretty good. If you want to see it now, go to Gaydon and have look. I changed it all over to a cheaper, Auto car before I sold it.

Re: Converting a DeLorean into the BTTF car without damaging it? - Stuart Rees - 03 Nov 2015

Mike's conversion is probably the most recent in the UK. I believe he wanted a no holes solution too, which I totally agree with Mr Green

See here...
viewtopic.php?f=64&t=5936

Re: Converting a DeLorean into the BTTF car without damaging it? - lukebrynycz - 04 Nov 2015

What ^ said..

Mikes is the best non holes time machine I've seen. It's very accurate, especially for a non hole conversion. There is just one part which you really do need to drill and that's the t panel. Those flux boxes are solid resin, and with the weight of the bars on them and the additional two flux boxes under the rear bumper, it would be lunacy to drive on public roads IMO without doing this. Used t panels can be found quite easily.

RE: Converting a DeLorean into the BTTF car without damaging it? - Deloreanyorkshire - 02 Feb 2016

O[attachment=59][attachment=59]Thanks, guys. I haven't been on here for a while but yes my car is close as you can get to the original car without drilling a single hole.  I made templates for the interior and exterior of the car and my claim to fame is is can be put back to a stock delorean within an hour ?

[attachment=59 Wrote:I'mDeloreanyorkshire pid='46306' dateline='1454436748']Thanks, guys. I haven't been on here for a while but yes my car is close as you can get to the original car without drilling a single hole.  I made templates for the interior and exterior of the car and my claim to fame is is can be put back to a stock delorean within an hour ?

I can't seem to work out how to but pics on properly on here  Tongue But here is another one

RE: Converting a DeLorean into the BTTF car without damaging it? - Future - 03 Feb 2016

Hi Stephen,

Steve Entwistle's time machine is also glued. It's an item we are very proud of in Belgium www.back-to-the-future.be .

Good luck !

RE: Converting a DeLorean into the BTTF car without damaging it? - 88mph - 04 Feb 2016

Looks good Mike.