The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum
Retro Car Mechanics magazine featuring a De Lorean service! - Printable Version

+- The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: OFF TOPIC TALK, BTTF, JOKES ETC (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Off topic talk, general chat etc (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+--- Thread: Retro Car Mechanics magazine featuring a De Lorean service! (/showthread.php?tid=4925)

Retro Car Mechanics magazine featuring a De Lorean service! - bjbrownie - 24 Feb 2015

Got a cheap bargain on the bay recently, a copy of Car Mechanics from 2008 with a service on a De Lorean, not the usual Mondeo or Golf service itinerary!
Only paid a few quid for it, it breaks the main service items down to 4 pages-handy when a quick reference is needed I thought. Whose is the DMC featured? JRV 680 X isn't familiar to me,answers on a postcard please!

Re: Retro Car Mechanics magazine featuring a De Lorean service! - Dan Willis - 25 Feb 2015

JRV... pretty sure that's my old car. I've often wondered where it went (I think it changed hands a few times and disappeared). Interesting stuff.

Red calipers though?

Re: Retro Car Mechanics magazine featuring a De Lorean service! - Chris Williams - 25 Feb 2015

It's still around under the same registration, Not a forum member though.
Chris

Re: Retro Car Mechanics magazine featuring a De Lorean service! - matt black - 26 Feb 2015

It's my car Big Grin
I have a copy of that same magazine.

[Image: g9k0.jpg]

Re: Retro Car Mechanics magazine featuring a De Lorean service! - Matt Clark - 26 Feb 2015

Thought that plate was familiar:

[Image: 1428984881_bca4e542f8_b.jpg]

When Tyson owned it we used it for a terrible student film years and years ago. Looking good!

Re: Retro Car Mechanics magazine featuring a De Lorean service! - matt black - 26 Feb 2015

Oh yeah I've seen the pics from that Big Grin
Thanks for posting. Nice to see the car from before it was mine.

Re: Retro Car Mechanics magazine featuring a De Lorean service! - Dan Willis - 26 Feb 2015

Yep, my old car:

[Image: 5942135551_11687a59c4_z.jpg]Hana in Bath by willisit, on Flickr

I wonder why the hood changed? I remember someone, years back, saying it had had a bang. No idea to what degree though. Glad it's still going - does it still have that crazy fuse board?

Oh wow. Thanks for the pics. Hana is not far from Waterlooville. I'm just down the A3 Near Hindhead. And yes she still has the crazy airplane fuse board Big Grin which actually works really well.
I've spent a lot of money on her and shes pretty tip top now.

Re: Retro Car Mechanics magazine featuring a De Lorean service! - Dan Willis - 26 Feb 2015

No problem, Matt. I still have her license plate from when I went out to Ohio to buy her. Takes me a back, that does...

It'd be good to see her again - Hindhead is 30 minutes away, so when the weather improves.. if you fancy showing her off, I'd like that. When mine is restored, I'll bring her up too Smile

That would be really good. Any time you are down this way you are more than welcome to see her.