The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum
Spax Shocks - Printable Version

+- The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: DELOREAN HELP AND ADVICE & PARTS CROSS REFERENCE (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: 5 - Suspension / Steering (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Thread: Spax Shocks (/showthread.php?tid=2396)

Spax Shocks - Stuart Rees - 21 Jul 2009

Well, I've just got off the phone with Spax after a bit of faffing about. They have quoted me £322.45 for a set of 4 shocks delivered and they are now giving a club discount of 15% instead of the 25% that is stated in the cross ref section in the forum. Its still a good price but has anyone recently had them at a cheaper price, I was expecting 265 + p&p.
Stu

Re: Spax Shocks - jerzybondov - 21 Jul 2009

I know Dan has very recently got a set - he might be able to help out. He's on late shift at the mo though so might be a little later on tonight!

I bought my Spax shocks in Jan/Feb and paid £282.50 all in which would suggest I got the 25% at that point...

Re: Spax Shocks - Chris Williams - 21 Jul 2009

I missed a call from SPAX late this afternoon. I will ring them in the morning to try and sort this out. It will be a shame if they are gonna go back on something they aggreed to. Perhaps the doom and gloom in the economy is hitting them as well! I will inform Stuart in the morning and keep everyone up to speed.

Chris

Re: Spax Shocks - Dan6457 - 22 Jul 2009

I got mine a couple of weeks ago. I will have to dig the receipt out to find the exact price but they were roughly 260 quid for the set I think.

Re: Spax Shocks - Chris Williams - 22 Jul 2009

It now does seem that the 'club' discount has been dropped to 15% to bring us in line with any other car club. I have altered the relevant forum postings to reflect this. They are going to honour Stuarts order at 25% discount as they did not inform us of this change :roll:
None the less it still keeps them as one of the cheapest and best performance products around, Even with 15% discount this still is over £52.00 discount on a set of 4. One of the many benefits of club membership.

Chris

Re: Spax Shocks - Stuart Rees - 22 Jul 2009

I'd like to thank Chris for calling Spax this morning, hopefully the shocks will be with me and on the car soon for the upcoming shows.
Stu

Re: Spax Shocks - Guinney1971 - 23 Jul 2009

Great news Stuart, and well done to ChrisW for sorting this out - £52 discount eh, thats
more then 2yrs UK membership! :wink:

Re: Spax Shocks - stu3954 - 31 Jul 2009

hey, just looked and got mine for £277.11 for the set, so pretty decent.

Re: Spax Shocks - Stuart Rees - 04 Aug 2009

Hi, Thats great news. Where did you find your Delorean? Hope the resto is going well.
Big Grin

Re: Spax Shocks - stu3954 - 22 Dec 2009

Hi, sorry for late reply, Found it at Rob Grady's in new york. 2 years ago now, resto going well, iv started putting the frame back together and chris at pj gradys is getting on very well with the tub.