The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum
vin 3484 single turbo for sale - Printable Version

+- The DeLorean Owners Club UK Forum (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum)
+-- Forum: GENERAL DELOREAN DISCUSSION (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Forum: DeLorean Cars or Parts For Sale or Wanted (http://www.deloreans.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+--- Thread: vin 3484 single turbo for sale (/showthread.php?tid=233)

Pages: 1 2

vin 3484 single turbo for sale - Tourettes Tony - 02 Jan 2007

Hello all, after a lot of thought i have decided to put vin#3484 up for sale, i need another project to do plus the money to be honest.
This is a reluctant sale and doesnt mean i wont still be a member of the club.
i wont put a list of work carried out but in short everything has been done to the car, milage is 28,000 mot september tax till march
price15.5k
cheers Tony TT

- Jonny Jones - 02 Jan 2007

Ahh man! Sad thing you're selling... but for the next buyer think about this - turbo = dump valve = rudeness! Cue Nick T :lol:

- Tourettes Tony - 02 Jan 2007

Yes sad but the turbo will be sorted as well as the discs and the gasket, you never know when its done i may change my mind :lol: now thats a thought Smile

cheers tony TT

- stunned_monkey - 03 Jan 2007

For technical reasons, the turbo kits don't, and can't have a dump valve.

#2727's sounds quite good though, it sounds like being chased by a sneezing cat. If only it'd stop blowing it's right turbo........

- Tourettes Tony - 03 Jan 2007

well i heard they cant have dump valves because they cant run enough boost and will lose power
TT

- stunned_monkey - 03 Jan 2007

No it's because the dump valve is there to relieve pressure between the turbo and throttle when the throttle closes. On the delorean turbo kits, the turbo goes between the throttle and the intake meaning as soon as the throttle closes, you get a vacuum, not a pressure buildup. FWIW my Skyline doesn't have a dump valve and until you get close to the limit of the turbo's ability, you don't really need one.

- Jonny Jones - 03 Jan 2007

Ahh right sorry :oops: Just goes to show im still lacking input in my databank, more input, more input! Tongue

- Tourettes Tony - 03 Jan 2007

Yeah but iv had my car for 2 1/2 years and i still dont understand i just put petrol in it :lol:
TT

- Tourettes Tony - 04 Jan 2007

Well after a trip in my possible next car i have decided not to sell my car after all :oops: , so looks like your stuck with me for a while longer, sorry to be a pest but its mine :lol: cheers Tony TT over and out :oops:

- Barson - 04 Jan 2007

What was you next car? a TVR? :p

sorry :oops:

- Tourettes Tony - 04 Jan 2007

now thats an idea Big Grin but no, there were a few cars i was interested in but when i worked it out they would all cost me money at least a de is affordable to maintain, and i am as tight as they come :lol: TT

- Jonny Jones - 04 Jan 2007

Glad to here it mate! Big Grin

- MikeH - 04 Jan 2007

yep good newsBig Grin

- tracey steele - 06 Jan 2007

Tourettes Tony Wrote:Well after a trip in my possible next car i have decided not to sell my car after all :oops: , so looks like your stuck with me for a while longer, sorry to be a pest but its mine :lol: cheers Tony TT over and out :oops:

thats great news mate

- neal - 07 Jan 2007

Tourettes Tony Wrote:Well after a trip in my possible next car i have decided not to sell my car after all :oops: , so looks like your stuck with me for a while longer, sorry to be a pest but its mine :lol: cheers Tony TT over and out :oops:

very glad to here that, after talking to you at the N E C. Smile